If you are just getting started the best website I have found for information is https://www.ruled.me/ Their website is easy to follow and has a plethora of information about Keto.
Here are a few other websites that also have really good information available.
I use MyFitnessPal (they have an app and a website) to track my food, water and exercise. I use the free version but I have an add on that calculates my net carbs for me.
Here is the link for the add on. (From https://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/)
- Go to this link: https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript
- Install the script. Note, because of the way Firefox and Chrome now work you’ll have to install greasemonkey (firefox) or tampermonkey (chrome) and then the script. This is described in the link above.
- Once the script is installed, and assuming you added the columns added above, you will have three additions to your MFP:
- Net Carbs Column
- Carb / Fat / Protein percentages for each meal / total
- Pie chart showing percentage of calories for Carb / Fat / Protein
You can look for me on there and add me as a friend http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/heathergeek